I created this recipe a few years ago for a fifth-grade school project. I love being in the kitchen with my mom and helping her with meal preparations. My whole family was impressed with the few additions I made to these potatoes to make them extra tasty.
-Jessica Ryan, Victoria, Texas
2 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 2 medium potatoes, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar or Swiss cheese
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt
- Crumbled cooked bacon
- Place potatoes in a large saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a
- boil. Reduce heat; cover and cook for 10-15 minutes or until tender.
- Stir in the cheese, butter and seasoned salt. Cook for 2-3 minutes or
- until the cheese and butter are melted. Sprinkle with bacon.
- Yield: 2 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 274 calories, 14 g fat (10 g saturated fat), 45 mg cholesterol, 612 mg sodium, 30 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 9 g protein.