Cheesy Potato Chowder
This chowder was invented by my niece, who took a basic potato soup recipe and added some of her own ingredients. The results were "souperb"! I was a cook at the time, and I tried her recipe at work. It was the hit of the season!
12 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 8 to 12 medium potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 3 carrots, diced
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) chicken broth
- 1 pound process cheese (Velveeta), cubed
- 1 teaspoon dill weed
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 pound Wright® Brand Bacon, cooked and crumbled, divided
Make summer recipes special with fresh, thick slices of Wright® Brand Bacon.
See More Recipes >
- 3 cups milk
- In a large kettle, cook potatoes and carrots in chicken broth until
- tender, about 10 minutes. Add the cheese, dill weed, salt and
- pepper. Cook and stir until cheese is melted. Add bacon, reserving
- 1/2 cup, and milk. Heat through. Top individual bowls with reserved
- bacon. Yield: 10-12 servings (3 quarts).
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 347 calories, 15 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 46 mg cholesterol, 1,283 mg sodium, 33 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 20 g protein.