Cheesy O'Brien Egg Scramble
This breakfast bake is a snap to prepare. It's perfect for a brunch buffet or when out-of-town guests stay the night. Full of bacon, cheese, hash browns and eggs, the all-in-one dish is a hearty crowd-pleaser.
Red Oak, Iowa
10-12 ServingsPrep: 20 min. Bake: 20 min.
- 1 package (28 ounces) frozen O'Brien potatoes
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cheddar cheese soup, undiluted
- 1 pound sliced bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 12 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- In a large skillet, prepare hash browns according to package
- directions. sprinkle with garlic salt and pepper. Transfer to a
- greased 2-1/2-qt. baking dish. Top with soup. Set aside 1/2 cup of
- bacon; sprinkle remaining bacon over soup.
- In a large bowl, whisk eggs. In another large skillet, heat butter
- until hot. Add eggs; cook and stir over medium heat until eggs are
- nearly set. Spoon over bacon. Sprinkle with cheese and reserved
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until cheese is
- melted. Yield: 12 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 slice) equals 451 calories, 33 g fat (14 g saturated fat), 275 mg cholesterol, 1,101 mg sodium, 15 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 24 g protein.