Cheesy Mushroom Appetizers
My husband loves mushrooms. Sometimes I think he makes up work functions just so I make a batch of these savory appetizers...and he can snack on them at his desk.Kathi Bloomer, Noblesville, Indiana
5 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 20 min.
- 2 tubes (8 ounces each) refrigerated crescent rolls
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 3 cans (4 ounces each) mushroom stems and pieces, drained and chopped
- 1-1/4 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Cajun seasoning
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon water
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- Unroll crescent dough into two long rectangles; seal seams and
- perforations. In a large bowl, combine the cream cheese, mushrooms,
- garlic powder and Cajun seasoning. Spread over dough to within 1 in.
- of edges.
- Roll up each rectangle, jelly-roll style, starting with a long side;
- seal edges. Place seam side down on a greased baking sheet.
- Beat egg and water; brush over dough. Sprinkle with cheese. Bake at
- 375° for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown. Cut into slices.
- Yield: 16 appetizers.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (3 each) equals 369 calories, 27 g fat (13 g saturated fat), 94 mg cholesterol, 690 mg sodium, 20 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 9 g protein.