Cheesy Herbed Snack Squares
We have six children, and they all enjoy these snack squares. I've given the recipe to a number of people, and they like to add their own twists to it.
12-15 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1 loaf (1 pound) frozen bread dough
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon beef bouillon granules
- 2 teaspoons each caraway seeds, poppy seeds, sesame seeds and celery seed
- 1 teaspoon dill weed
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- Thaw bread and let rise according to package directions. Pat into a
- greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan. Brush with butter;
- sprinkle with seasonings and cheese. Bake at 425° for 12-15
- minutes or until golden brown. Cut into squares; serve warm. Yield:
- 12-15 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 piece) equals 150 calories, 7 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 18 mg cholesterol, 320 mg sodium, 17 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 7 g protein.