Cheesy Green Bean Casserole
"This is a variation of a recipe I used in home ec class when I was in middle school," recalls Paula Magnus of Republic, Washington. "I made it a lot for our family of seven when I was growing up. Now I fix it frequently for my family of five. I usually use canned green beans and there's seldom any left over."
8-10 ServingsPrep: 20 min. Bake: 25 min.
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen French-style green beans
- 2 cups diced fully cooked ham
- 2 cans (10-3/4 ounces each) condensed cream of celery soup, undiluted
- 1/2 cup Miracle Whip
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup dry bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- In an ungreased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish, layer the green beans and
- ham. Combine the soup, Miracle Whip and mustard; pour over ham.
- Sprinkle with cheeses. Toss bread crumbs and butter; sprinkle over
- the top. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until
- heated through and cheese is melted. Yield: 8-10 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (3/4 cup) equals 315 calories, 24 g fat (10 g saturated fat), 59 mg cholesterol, 914 mg sodium, 11 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 14 g protein.