Cheesy Garlic Bread
Some garlic breads taste more like buttered toast. Not this one - the fresh garlic flavor really comes through. Parmesan cheese on top turns golden brown in the broiler. I enjoy the crunch of the crisp crust.
-Gina Squires, Salem, Oregon
12 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 loaf (1 pound) French bread, halved lengthwise
- 3 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- In a small bowl, combine the butter, garlic and oregano; spread on
- cut sides of bread. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Place on an
- ungreased baking sheet. Broil for 3 minutes or until golden brown.
- Slice and serve hot. Yield: 12 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 slice) equals 178 calories, 9 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 21 mg cholesterol, 331 mg sodium, 20 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 4 g protein.
Wine: Light-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.