"With its pretty color and cheesy topping, this buttery bread is delicious with soups," reports Sue Burton of Frankfort, Kansas. "Our daughter loves to help press out the thawed bread dough and sprinkle it with cheese."
8 ServingsPrep: 5 min. + rising Bake: 20 min.
- 1 loaf (1 pound) frozen bread dough, thawed
- 3 tablespoons butter, softened
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 2 to 3 teaspoons paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano or basil
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- Pat dough onto the bottom and up the sides of a greased 14-in. x
- pizza pan or 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan, forming a crust.
- Spread with butter. Sprinkle with onion, paprika, oregano and garlic
- powder. Prick the crust several times with a fork; sprinkle with
- cheese. Cover and let rise in a warm place for 30 minutes. Bake at
- 375° for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown.
- Yield: 8 servings.
Nutrition Facts: One serving (1 slice) equals 0 calories, 0 fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 0 sodium, 0 carbohydrate, 0 fiber, 0 protein.