Cheesy Egg Puffs
My father loves to entertain, and these buttery egg delights are one of his favorite items to serve at brunch. The leftovers are perfect to reheat in the microwave on busy mornings, so Dad always stashes a few aside for me to take home once the party is over.
15 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 35 min.
- 1/2 pound fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 1 tablespoon plus 1/2 cup butter, cubed, divided
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 10 eggs, lightly beaten
- 4 cups (16 ounces) shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 2 cups (16 ounces) 4% cottage cheese
- In a skillet, saute the mushrooms and onions in 1 tablespoon butter
- until tender. In a large bowl, combine the flour, baking powder and
- In another bowl, combine eggs and cheeses. Melt remaining butter; add
- to egg mixture. Stir into dry ingredients along with mushroom
- Fill greased muffin cups three-fourths full. Bake at 350° for
- 35-40 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out
- clean. Carefully run the knife around edge of muffin cups before
- removing. Yield: 2-1/2 dozen.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (2 each) equals 275 calories, 21 g fat (12 g saturated fat), 194 mg cholesterol, 486 mg sodium,