"My six grandchildren enjoy feasting on big bowls of this zesty chili," reports Codie Ray of Tallulah, Louisiana. "It's so creamy and tasty you can even serve it as a dip at parties."
12 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 cans (10 ounces each) diced tomatoes and green chilies, undrained
- 1 can (28 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 2 cans (4 ounces each) chopped green chilies
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 pounds process cheese (Velveeta)
- In a large saucepan, cook the beef, onions and garlic until meat is
- no longer pink; drain. Stir in the tomatoes, chilies and pepper;
- bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 10-15 minutes. Stir in cheese
- until melted.
- Serve immediately or allow to cool before freezing. May be frozen for
- up to 3 months.
- To use frozen chili: Thaw in the refrigerator; heat in a saucepan or
- microwave. Yield: 12 servings (about 3 quarts).
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 396 calories, 25 g fat (15 g saturated fat), 85 mg cholesterol, 1,166 mg sodium,