The comforting flavors of old-time country foods make this a favorite with my family.Mary Elizabeth Golding, Colorado Springs, Colorado
6-8 ServingsPrep: 20 min. Bake: 30 min.
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed tomato soup, undiluted
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup (8 ounces) 4% cottage cheese
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 6 to 8 green onions with tops, sliced
- 8 ounces medium noodles, cooked and drained
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- In a skillet, brown beef; drain. Add soup, salt and pepper; simmer
- for 5 minutes. Remove from the heat.
- In a large bowl, combine cottage cheese, sour cream, green onions and
- noodles. Layer noodle mixture alternately with meat sauce in a
- greased 2-qt. baking dish.
- Cover and bake at 350° for 25 minutes. Sprinkle with cheese;
- return to oven for 5-10 minutes or until cheese is melted. Yield:
- 6-8 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 347 calories, 16 g fat (10 g saturated fat), 92 mg cholesterol, 763 mg sodium, 26 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 21 g protein.