When Lois Harbold of Elizabethtown, Pennsylvania is looking for a streamlined side dish, she turns to this comforting recipe. Convenient frozen carrots are baked in a smooth creamy sauce and topped with bread crumbs for a golden appearance.
4-6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen sliced carrots, thawed
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of celery soup, undiluted
- 8 ounces process cheese (Velveeta), cubed
- 1/3 cup dry bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- In a bowl, combine the carrots, soup and cheese. Transfer to a
- greased 1-1/2-qt. baking dish. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 10
- minutes; stir. Toss bread crumbs and butter; sprinkle over top. bake
- 10-15 minutes longer or until carrots are tender and mixture is
- bubbly. Yield: 4-6 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (3/4 cup) equals 245 calories, 16 g fat (9 g saturated fat), 36 mg cholesterol, 953 mg sodium, 17 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 10 g protein.