Cheesy Canadian Bacon & Potato Casserole
“This hearty side dish is so rich and creamy that no one will miss the extra fat at all!” Lean Canadian bacon and lighter ingredients add extra flavor instead.
Christina Price - Wheeling, West Virginia
12 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 50 min. + standing
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) reduced-fat condensed broccoli cheese soup, undiluted
- 1 cup (8 ounces) 1% cottage cheese
- 1 cup (8 ounces) reduced-fat sour cream
- 1 package (28 ounces) frozen O'Brien potatoes, thawed
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 pound Canadian bacon, chopped
- 1/4 cup shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- In a food processor, combine the soup, cottage cheese and sour cream;
- cover and process until smooth.
- In a large bowl, combine the potatoes, garlic powder and pepper; stir
- in Canadian bacon and soup mixture. Transfer to a 13-in. x 9-in.
- baking dish coated with cooking spray; sprinkle with cheddar cheese.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 50-55 minutes or until bubbly. Let
- stand for 15 minutes before serving. Yield: 12 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 2/3 cup equals 133 calories, 4 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 17 mg cholesterol, 478 mg sodium, 15 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber,