Cheesy Broccoli Bake
Our children refused to eat broccoli, then I discovered this simple recipe. It has tender rice in a cheese sauce. The kids hardly notice the broccoli.Dawn Trapp, West Fargo, North Dakota
4 ServingsPrep: 5 min. Bake: 45 min.
- 3 cups frozen chopped broccoli
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1 jar (8 ounces) process cheese spread
- 3/4 cup uncooked instant rice
- 3 tablespoons seasoned bread crumbs
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- In a bowl, combine the broccoli, soup, cheese spread and rice.
- Transfer to a greased 1-1/2-qt. baking dish. Toss bread crumbs and
- butter; sprinkle over top. Cover and bake at 350° for 30
- minutes; uncover and bake 15 minutes longer. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (3/4 cup) equals 354 calories, 20 g fat (12 g saturated fat), 48 mg cholesterol, 1,633 mg sodium, 32 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 13 g protein.