Cheesy Beef Tetrazzini
If your family is anything like Gladys Van Beek's, it won't be long before this hearty casserole becomes a favorite. "My gang loves it for the flavor. I love it because it's simple to make and can be assembled the night before serving," reports the Lynden, Washington farm wife.
6 ServingsPrep: 20 min. Bake: 30 min.
- 1-1/2 pounds ground beef
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 can (15 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup (8 ounces) 4% cottage cheese
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced green onions
- 1 package (7 ounces) thin spaghetti, cooked and drained
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- In a large skillet over medium heat, cook beef and onion until meat
- is no longer pink; drain. Stir in tomato sauce, salt and pepper;
- bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes.
- In a bowl, beat cream cheese, cottage cheese and sour cream, until
- blended. Stir in green pepper, onions and spaghetti. Transfer to a
- greased 2-1/2-qt. baking dish. Top with beef mixture. Sprinkle with
- Parmesan cheese. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30-35 minutes or
- until bubbly. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 631 calories, 37 g fat (20 g saturated fat), 153 mg cholesterol, 905 mg sodium,