After tasting a wonderful chowder at a restaurant, I dressed up can of cheese soup to see if I could capture the same flavors. I then took things a step further by adding chilies and Southwestern spices, I hope you enjoy it as much as I do. Lori Risdal
Sioux City, Iowa
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- In a large saucepan, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink;
- drain. Stir in the soup, milk, potatoes, chilies, taco seasoning,
- onion and chili powder until blended. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat;
- simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes or until heated through. Garnish
- with corn chips, cheese and green onions if desired. Yield: 4
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 242 calories, 14 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 52 mg cholesterol, 998 mg sodium, 18 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 17 g protein.