This is a recipe from my mother. I like to make up a batch or two and store in the freezer till I'm ready to cook them.Holly Camozzi, Petaluma, California
8 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- In a bowl, combine egg yolk, ground beef, onion, salt and pepper.
- Shape mixture by teaspoonfuls into 24 balls. Remove crusts from
- bread; roll flat and cut into 1-1/2-in. rounds. Place meatballs on
- bread rounds; make a depression in each ball and fill with a cube of
- cheese, making sure bread is covered with meat mixture.
- Place on a baking sheet. Broil in preheated oven about 6 in. from
- heat for 3-5 minutes or until no pink remains. Garnish with ketchup,
- mustard, sliced green onions or sliced dill pickles if desired.
- Yield: 2 dozen.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (3 each) equals 135 calories, 6 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 53 mg cholesterol, 313 mg sodium, 10 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 9 g protein.