Cottage cheese is the "secret" ingredient in this creamy side dish. "I make two potatoes, one for dinner and one for lunch the next day," notes Janet English, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania.
2 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 1 hour
- 2 medium baking potatoes
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1/2 cup 4% cottage cheese
- 1/4 cup buttermilk
- 3 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons thinly sliced green onions
- Bake potatoes at 400° for 1 hour or until tender. Cut a thin
- slice off the top of each potato and discard. Scoop out pulp,
- leaving a thin shell. In a small bowl, mash pulp; set aside.
- In a small skillet, cook and stir onion in water for 2-3 minutes or
- until tender. Add mashed potatoes, cottage cheese, buttermilk,
- Parmesan cheese, salt and pepper. Stir until blended and heated
- through. Spoon into potato shells. Sprinkle with green onion. Yield:
- 2 servings.