“We make these several times throughout the summer and everyone loves them,” writes Bruce Hahne from Acworth, Georgia. With ooey-gooey cheese and salty bacon, these jalapenos are irresistible!
30 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 8 ounces Monterey Jack cheese, cut into 2-inch x 1/2-inch x 1/4-inch strips
- 15 jalapeno peppers, halved lengthwise and seeded
- 1/4 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup real bacon bits
- Place a cheese strip in each pepper half; sprinkle with bread crumbs
- and bacon.
- Grill peppers, covered, over medium-hot heat for 4-6 minutes or until
- peppers are tender and cheese is melted. Serve warm. Yield: 2-1/2
Nutrition Facts: 1 stuffed pepper equals 38 calories, 3 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 7 mg cholesterol, 87 mg sodium, 1 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 2 g protein. Diabetic Exchange: 1/2 fat.
Wine: Sweet Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.