Here’s a sandwich that does traditional burgers one better—with a surprise pocket of cheddar! Says Janet Wood of Windham, New Hampshire, “We really enjoy the melted cheese center.”
2 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- In a small bowl, combine the first five ingredients. Crumble beef
- over mixture and mix well. Shape into four thin patties. Sprinkle
- cheese over two patties; top with remaining patties and press edges
- firmly to seal.
- Grill, covered, over medium heat for 6 minutes on each side or until
- a meat thermometer reads 160° and juices run clear. Serve on
- buns with lettuce and tomato if desired. Yield: 2 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 burger (calculated without optional ingredients) equals 357 calories, 15 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 84 mg cholesterol, 787 mg sodium, 25 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 28 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1-1/2 starch,