Cheese Rye Appetizers
“I enjoy serving this hors d’oeuvre at family gatherings. It can be mixed ahead of time, refrigerated, and then spread on bread and baked at the last minute. Even kids like it.” —Joyce Dykstra, Lansing, Illinois
30 ServingsPrep: 20 min. Bake: 10 min./batch
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded Swiss cheese
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 can (4-1/4 ounces) chopped ripe olives
- 4 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- 1-1/2 teaspoons minced fresh parsley or 1/2 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 30 slices snack rye bread
- In a small bowl, combine the first six ingredients. Spread a rounded
- tablespoonful over each slice of bread. Place on an ungreased baking
- sheet. Bake at 450° for 6-8 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- Yield: 2-1/2 dozen.
Nutrition Facts: 1 appetizer equals 108 calories, 9 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 10 mg cholesterol, 160 mg sodium, 4 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.