Three ingredients are all you need for Luke Walker's Mexican twist on grilled cheese. The Unionville, Ontario teenager says the tasty wedges are ideal as an after-school snack or with soup at lunchtime. Youngsters can easily assemble the quick quesadillas but should get an adult's help popping them under the broiler.
2-4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 4 flour tortillas (6 inches)
- 1/2 cup salsa
- 2/3 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Place two tortillas on a greased baking sheet. Top each with salsa,
- cheese and remaining tortillas. Broil 4 in. from the heat for 3
- minutes on each side or until golden brown. Cut into four wedges.
- Yield: 2-4 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 2 wedges equals 167 calories, 8 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 20 mg cholesterol, 477 mg sodium, 15 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 7 g protein.
Wine: Sweet Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.