Cheese Popcorn Snack
"These great snack reminds me of my high school days," comments Denise Baumert of Dalhart, Texas. "My sisters and girlfriends and I would stay up late, listen to music, talk and munch this crunchy treat."
16 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 4 quarts plain popped popcorn
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/2 teaspoon onion salt
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- Place popcorn in two 13-in. x 9-in. baking pans. Drizzle with melted
- butter. Combine garlic salt and onion salt; sprinkle over popcorn.
- Top with cheese. Bake at 300° for 5-10 minutes. Serve
- immediately. Yield: 4 quarts.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 130 calories, 10 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 23 mg cholesterol, 324 mg sodium, 7 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 4 g protein.