Cheese Danish Dessert
I SAW this recipe in our local newspaper and modified it so that it serves two.
Cheese Danish has become standard fare at our house. When company drops by, I simple double the recipe to accommodate my guests.
They love this sweet treat, and so do I - it's delicious and preparation time is minimal.
-Mary Margaret Merritt, Washington Court House, Ohio
2 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 tube (4 ounces) refrigerated crescent rolls
- 1 package (3 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon butter, melted
- Unroll crescent roll dough and separate into two rectangles; place on
- an ungreased baking sheet and press the perforations together.
- In a small bowl, beat cream cheese, sugar and vanilla until smooth.
- Spread over half of each rectangle; fold dough over filling and
- pinch to seal. Brush with butter; sprinkle with cinnamon-sugar if
- Bake at 350° for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown. Yield: 2
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 486 calories, 29 g fat (14 g saturated fat), 52 mg cholesterol, 591 mg sodium, 48 g carbohydrate, 0 fiber, 7 g protein.