Cheese Crisps with Ricotta Dip
This Italian-style appetizer is the perfect combination of salty and sweet. My kids gobble up the crisps even without the fruity dipping sauce!
24 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 3 slices pancetta or bacon, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1-1/2 cups grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 1/2 cup apricot preserves
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh basil
- In a small skillet, cook pancetta in oil over medium heat until
- crisp. Drain on paper towels.
- Drop Parmesan cheese by tablespoonfuls onto parchment paper-lined
- baking sheets about 1 in. apart. Sprinkle with pancetta. Bake at
- 400° for 5-6 minutes or until crispy and golden brown. Remove
- from pans.
- Combine ricotta cheese and preserves; sprinkle with basil. Serve with
- crisps. Yield: 2 dozen (1-1/2 cups dip).
Nutrition Facts: 1 crisp with 1 tablespoon dip equals 68 calories, 4 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 11 mg cholesterol, 144 mg sodium, 5 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 4 g protein.
Wine: Light-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.