Cheddar Zucchini Slices
The microwave makes this colorful and tasty side dish fast and simple to prepare. It's easy to adjust the quantity to serve any number of people.
-Mrs. Bobby Tucker, Bethalto, Illinois
2 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 2 small zucchini, halved lengthwise and sliced (about 2 cups)
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Dash pepper
- 1/3 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- Place zucchini and water in a microwave-safe dish. Microwave,
- uncovered, on high for 2-3 minutes or until crisp-tender. Add the
- salt, pepper and cheese. Cook 30-60 seconds longer or until cheese
- is melted. Dollop with sour cream. Yield: 2 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 163 calories, 12 g fat (9 g saturated fat), 47 mg cholesterol, 432 mg sodium, 5 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 7 g protein.