Cheddar-Topped Mashed Potatoes
These smooth and creamy mashed potatoes say "cimfort food." The cheese adds color and flavor.
2 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 2 medium potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1 tablespoon 2% milk
- 1 tablespoon sour cream
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Dash each salt and pepper
- 1/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Place potatoes in a small saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a
- boil. Reduce heat; cover and cook for 8-12 minutes or until tender.
- Drain potatoes; mash with milk, sour cream, butter, salt and pepper.
- Transfer to a greased 2-cup baking dish. Sprinkle with cheese. Bake,
- uncovered, at 350° for 10-15 minutes or until heated through and
- cheese is melted. Yield: 2 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 3/4 cup equals 243 calories, 11 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 36 mg cholesterol, 209 mg sodium, 30 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 6 g protein.