MY mother-in-law gave me this recipe many years ago, and I served it to my husband every year on our anniversary. Also on the menu were English muffins with honey, juice and coffee.
Now our sons make this souffle, and their children love it for brunch or a light supper.
-Dollypearle Martin, Douglastown, New Brunswick
2 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 25 min.
- 1/2 cup milk
- 5 teaspoons quick-cooking tapioca
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 eggs, separated
- In a saucepan, combine milk, tapioca and salt; bring to a boil over
- medium heat, stirring constantly. Remove from the heat; stir in
- cheese until melted.
- In a small bowl, beat egg yolks; add to tapioca mixture. In another
- bowl, beat egg whites until stiff peaks form; fold into tapioca
- mixture. Pour into a greased 1-qt. baking dish. Place the dish in a
- large pan of hot water. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 25-30
- minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean.
- Yield: 2 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1/2 cup) equals 212 calories, 12 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 241 mg cholesterol, 501 mg sodium, 12 g carbohydrate, 0 fiber, 12 g protein.