Cheddar Olive Loaf
Made in the bread machine, this moist loaf has nice texture and great flavor. The cheese also gives the bread an appealing light orange tint. It smells so good while baking that I can hardly wait until it's done and cool enough to slice!
-Catherine Dawe, Kent, Ohio
16 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Bake: 3 hours
- 1 cup water (70° to 80°)
- 4 teaspoons sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/4 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 3 cups bread flour
- 2 teaspoons active dry yeast
- 3/4 cup pimiento-stuffed olives, well drained and sliced
- In bread machine pan, place the first six ingredients in order
- suggested by manufacturer. Select basic bread setting. Choose crust,
- color and loaf size if available. Bake according to bread machine
- directions (check dough after 5 minutes of mixing; add 1 to 2
- tablespoons of water or flour if needed).
- Just before the final kneading (your machine may audibly signal
- this), add the olives. Yield: 1 loaf (1-1/2 pounds, 16 slices).
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 slice) equals 124 calories, 4 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 9 mg cholesterol, 299 mg sodium, 19 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 5 g protein.