Cheddar Mushroom Potatoes
"When they were little, our children loved this creamy side dish," says Jacqueline Thompson Graves of Lawrenceville, Georgia. "After an adult has sliced the potatoes, youngsters can do the rest. Overlapping the potatoes in the baking dish to create a pretty pattern is half the fun," she assures.
4-6 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Bake: 55 min.
- 4 medium potatoes, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Arrange potatoes in a greased shallow 2-qt. baking dish; sprinkle
- with cheese. In a bowl, combine soup, paprika and pepper; spread
- over cheese. Cover and bake at 400° for 45 minutes. Uncover;
- bake 10 minutes longer or until potatoes are tender. Yield: 4-6
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 221 calories, 8 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 22 mg cholesterol, 478 mg sodium, 30 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 8 g protein.