Cheddar Mashed Cauliflower
Want an alternative to mashed potatoes? Try cauliflower jazzed up with cheddar cheese and rosemary. —Chrystal Baker, Studio City, California
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 2 medium heads cauliflower, broken into florets
- 1/3 cup 2% milk
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh rosemary
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- In a Dutch oven, bring 1 in. of water to a boil. Add cauliflower;
- cover and cook for 5-10 minutes or until tender. Drain; return to
- pan. Mash cauliflower with the milk, rosemary and salt. Stir in
- cheese until melted. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 3/4 cup equals 122 calories, 6 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 21 mg cholesterol, 374 mg sodium, 12 g carbohydrate, 5 g fiber, 8 g protein.