Cheddar Garlic Biscuits
"I get a lot of recipes from friends, and this one is no exception," writes Frances Poste from her home in Wall, South Dakota. Biscuit mix is combined with a little minced onion, garlic powder and cheese to create these golden drop biscuits that bake in a flash.
15 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 2 cups biscuit/baking mix
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon dried minced onion
- 2/3 cup 2% milk
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- Combine the biscuit mix, cheese and onion in a large bowl. Stir in
- milk until a soft dough forms; stir 30 seconds longer.
- Drop by rounded tablespoonfuls 2 in. apart onto ungreased baking
- sheets. Bake at 450° for 8-10 minutes or until golden brown.
- Combine butter and garlic powder; brush over biscuits. Serve warm.
- Yield: 15 biscuits.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 113 calories, 7 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 14 mg cholesterol, 260 mg sodium, 11 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 2 g protein.