Cheddar Bread Twists
These quick-to-fix bread sticks are light and flaky, with a little crunch. Serve the cheesy twists as a side dish or even as an appetizer with dip. Tracy Travers of Fairhaven, Massachusetts shared the recipe.
10 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1 sheet frozen puff pastry, thawed
- 1 egg white
- 1 tablespoon cold water
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Dash salt
- Unfold puff pastry onto a lightly floured surface. In a small bowl,
- beat egg white and water; brush over pastry. Sprinkle with cheese
- and salt.
- Cut into ten 1-in. strips; twist each strip three times. Place on a
- greased baking sheet. Bake at 400° for 10-13 minutes or until
- golden brown. Yield: 10 breadsticks.
Nutrition Facts: 1 breadstick equals 142 calories, 8 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 6 mg cholesterol, 135 mg sodium, 14 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 3 g protein.