Cheddar Bacon Wedges
This recipe is really great for both late-night snacks at home and appetizers at parties. I sometimes use thinly sliced English muffin bread in place of English muffins.
32 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 4 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 2 green onions, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup finely chopped peanuts
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon Salad Supreme Seasoning
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 4 English muffins, split
- In a large bowl, combine the first eight ingredients. Spread about 3
- tablespoons on each English muffin half.
- Place on ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 400° for 8-10 minutes
- or until cheese is melted. Cut each into 4 wedges. Yield: 32
Editor's Note: Reduced-fat or fat-free mayonnaise is not recommended for this recipe. This recipe was tested with McCormick's Salad Supreme Seasoning. Look for it in the spice aisle.
Nutrition Facts: 3 bacon wedges equals 57 calories, 4 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 5 mg cholesterol, 82 mg sodium, 4 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 2 g protein.