Cheddar 'n' Pea Tossed Salad
“My family says, 'Yes!' when they see me preparing this easy no-cook side,” Mandy Cmoc, Yorkton, Saskatchewan advises. “We live on a farm-so in summer, our garden is a handy source for veggie salad ingredients.”
8 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 5 cups ready-to-serve salad greens
- 1 medium cucumber, sliced
- 1 medium tomato, chopped
- 1 cup cubed cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup frozen peas, thawed
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon onion powder
- Dash salt and pepper
- In a large bowl, combine the salad greens, cucumber, tomato, cheese
- and peas.
- In a small bowl, whisk the oil, vinegar, sugar, onion powder, salt
- and pepper. Pour over salad; toss gently to coat. Yield: 8 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (3/4 cup) equals 119 calories, 9 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 17 mg cholesterol, 141 mg sodium, 5 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 6 g protein.