Cheddar & Bacon Burgers
Bacon and onion soup flavor these satisfying handhelds from the inside out. One taste tester called them her “favorite bacon burger ever!” —Teresa Euken, Red Oak, Iowa
8 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- In a large bowl, combine the cheese, bacon and soup mix. Crumble beef
- over mixture and mix well. Shape into eight patties.
- Grill burgers, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat
- for 5-7 minutes on each side or until a meat thermometer reads
- 160° and juices run clear. Serve on buns with lettuce and tomato
- if desired. Yield: 8 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 burger (calculated without optional ingredients) equals 384 calories, 18 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 83 mg cholesterol, 840 mg sodium, 24 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 29 g protein.
Wine: Full-Bodied Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.