- mixture. Cover loosely with foil if turkey browns too quickly. Cover
- and let stand for 20 minutes before slicing.
- For gravy, strain drippings into a small bowl. In a small saucepan,
- melt butter. Stir in flour until smooth; gradually add drippings.
- Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- Serve with turkey.
- Yield: 14 servings (1-2/3 cups gravy).
Nutrition Facts: 8 ounces cooked turkey with 5 teaspoons gravy equals 518 calories, 25 g fat (9 g saturated fat), 224 mg cholesterol, 522 mg sodium, 3 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 64 g protein.
Wine: Full-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.