Chai Tea Latte
“My family loves this comforting tea, especially on cold days instead of cocoa or when they're feeling under the weather. I simplified the recipe by using the filter basket of our coffeepot.” It's delicious and great after dinner! Julie Plummer - Sykesville, Maryland
2 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 2 individual tea bags
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup milk
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons refrigerated French vanilla nondairy creamer
- Whipped topping and ground nutmeg, optional
- Place the tea bags, cinnamon, ginger and allspice in the coffee
- filter of a drip coffeemaker. Add water; brew according to
- manufacturer's directions.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, combine the milk, brown sugar and
- creamer. Cook and stir over medium heat until heated through and
- sugar is dissolved. Pour milk mixture into mugs; stir in tea. Dollop
- with whipped topping and sprinkle with nutmeg if desired. Yield: 2
Nutrition Facts: 1 cup (calculated without whipped topping) equals 223 calories, 6 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 12 mg cholesterol, 65 mg sodium, 39 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 4 g protein.