Celery Seed Dressing
From Harrisburg, Pennsylvania, Jane Viliky shares this wonderfully versatile dressing that's a snap to whisk together. "It adds refreshing flavor when drizzled over a seasonal fruit assortment," she reports. "And it's equally tasty if you serve it over lettuce or spinach."
12 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 5 min.
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon celery seed
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon dried minced onion
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- In a bowl, combine the first five ingredients. Stir in vinegar and
- onion. Slowly add oil, whisking constantly until combined.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve. Serve over fresh fruit or salad
- greens. Yield: 1-1/2 cups.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (2 tablespoons) equals 196 calories, 18 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 197 mg sodium, 9 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, trace protein.