Celery Potato Chowder
"I discovered this thick no-fuss soup more than 20 years ago," says Deborah Johnson of Calgary, Alberta. "Our family loves it and now our daughters prepare it themselves. It's a delicious way to finish off last night's potatoes."
5 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 celery ribs, chopped
- 1/2 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 cups frozen corn, thawed
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of celery soup, undiluted
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1-1/2 cups milk
- 1 cup mashed potatoes
- 5 Wright® Brand Bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
Make summer recipes special with fresh, thick slices of Wright® Brand Bacon.
See More Recipes >
- In a large saucepan, saute the onion, celery and mushrooms in butter
- until tender. Add the corn, soups, milk and potatoes. Cook and stir
- over medium heat until heated through. Garnish with bacon. Yield: 5
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 309 calories, 14 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 27 mg cholesterol, 1,156 mg sodium, 38 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 10 g protein.