Cauliflower Romaine Salad
Eileen Blick browns bread crumbs and grates fresh cauliflower for the top layer of this sensational salad that features a fast-to-fix Parmesan dressing. "I make this unique salad for everything from potlucks to special occasions," says the Andale, Kansas reader.
8-10 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 cup dry bread crumbs
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 10 cups torn romaine
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1-3/4 cups coarsely grated cauliflower
- In a small skillet, brown bread crumbs in butter; set aside. Place
- the romaine in a large salad bowl. In a small bowl, combine
- mayonnaise, Parmesan cheese, lemon juice, garlic, salt and pepper.
- Pour over romaine and toss to coat. Top with cauliflower and
- reserved crumbs. Serve immediately. Yield: 8-10 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 250 calories, 22 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 18 mg cholesterol, 335 mg sodium, 10 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 3 g protein.