Cauliflower Ham Chowder
Even if you aren’t crazy about cauliflower, you’ll like this comforting, thick and chunky soup, suggests Carla Garloff from Burney, California. “My two daughters always did…and my husband and I love it. I found the recipe years ago and it’s great for leftover ham.“
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 2 cups sliced fresh cauliflower
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) chicken broth
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1 cup half-and-half cream
- 1/8 teaspoon white pepper
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/4 cup cold water
- 2 cups cubed fully cooked ham
- Sliced green onion
- In a large saucepan, cook cauliflower in broth for 4 minutes or until
- crisp-tender. Stir in the soup, cream and pepper. Combine cornstarch
- and water until smooth; gradually stir into cauliflower mixture.
- Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- Reduce heat. Add ham; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until heated
- through. Garnish with onion. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 197 calories, 11 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 49 mg cholesterol, 1,283 mg sodium, 10 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 12 g protein.