Catalina Spinach Salad
My husband enjoys this colorful crisp salad. The tangy homemade dressing is economical and easy to fix. The crunch of chow mein noodles and water chestnuts blends nicely with the chopped eggs and crumbled bacon.
-Joyce Cutbirth, Meridian, Idaho
6-8 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 packages (10 ounces each) spinach, torn
- 2 large tomatoes, diced
- 2 cans (8 ounces each) sliced water chestnuts, drained
- 2 cups chow mein noodles
- 2 hard-cooked eggs, chopped
- 12 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- Combine the first seven ingredients in a jar with tight-fitting lid;
- shake well. Combine remaining ingredients in a large salad bowl; add
- dressing and toss. Serve immediately. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 316 calories, 23 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 61 mg cholesterol, 501 mg sodium, 21 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 7 g protein.