Frances Roberts of Silver Spring, Maryland knows how to fix chicken that's tender and bursting with flavor. With only a handful of everyday ingredients, she turns a ho-hum entree into a tasty dish. Serve with a side of rice to round out the meal.
2 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Bake: 25 min.
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (5 ounces each)
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 1/4 cup Catalina salad dressing
- 4-1/2 teaspoons onion soup mix
- 1 tablespoon grape jelly
- In a large nonstick skillet, brown chicken in oil. Transfer to a
- shallow baking dish coated with cooking spray. Combine the salad
- dressing, soup mix and jelly; pour over chicken.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until a meat
- thermometer reads 170°. Yield: 2 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 chicken breast half (prepared with fat-free dressing and reduced-sugar jelly) equals 246 calories, 8 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 78 mg cholesterol, 697 mg sodium, 14 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 29 g protein.