Cashew Green Beans and Mushrooms
Savory and earthy, this simple green bean side dish couldn't be easier to prepare, and the cashews make it seem extra special. — Rhoda Knippelberg, Vancouver, British Columbia
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1/2 pound fresh green beans, trimmed and cut into 1-1/2-inch pieces
- 1/2 pound sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 cup unsalted cashews, coarsely chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- In a large skillet, saute beans and mushrooms in oil until tender.
- Stir in cashews and salt. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 3/4 cup equals 109 calories, 8 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 154 mg sodium, 9 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 4 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 fat, 1 vegetable.