Cashew Crickle Candy
Kathy Kittell of Lenexa, Kansas notes, "Cashews add excellent flavor to this golden holiday brickle."
16 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Cook: 30 min. + cooling
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup light corn syrup
- 1/2 cup water
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 cups salted cashews
- In a large saucepan, combine the sugar, corn syrup and water. Bring
- to a boil, stirring constantly, until sugar is dissolved. Cook,
- without stirring, over medium heat until a candy thermometer reads
- 300° (hard-crack stage).
- Remove from the heat; stir in butter, vanilla and baking soda. Add
- cashews. Pour into a buttered 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. pan. Cool;
- break into pieces. Yield: about 2 pounds.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (2 ounces) equals 294 calories, 12 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 6 mg cholesterol, 213 mg sodium, 45 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.