"I like this quick-and-easy recipe because it doesn't require a candy thermometer," explains Rhonda Glenn from her Prince Frederick, Maryland home. "It also makes a great gift."
12 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup light corn syrup
- 1 to 1-1/2 cups salted cashew halves
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a microwave-safe bowl, combine the sugar and corn syrup.
- Microwave, uncovered, on high for 3 minutes; stir. Heat 2 minutes
- longer. Stir in cashews and butter. Microwave on high for 20-50
- seconds or until mixture turns a light amber (mixture will be very
- Quickly stir in baking soda and vanilla until light and foamy.
- Immediately pour onto a greased baking sheet and spread with a metal
- spatula. Chill for 20 minutes or until set; break into small pieces.
- Store in an airtight container. Yield: 3/4 pound.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 ounce) equals 187 calories, 7 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 1 mg cholesterol, 209 mg sodium, 30 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 2 g protein.