Carrots and Snow Peas
“This is without question my favorite side dish, both for flavor and ease of preparation. Sherry adds an amazing spark to the vegetables. Cheryl Donnely - Arvada, Colorado
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1-3/4 cups sliced fresh carrots
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2-3/4 cups fresh snow peas
- 1 shallot, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon sherry or chicken broth
- In a large skillet or wok, stir-fry carrots in butter for 3 minutes
- Add the snow peas, shallot and salt; stir-fry 2 minutes longer or
- until vegetables are crisp-tender. Stir in sherry; heat through.
- Yield: 4 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 3/4 cup equals 129 calories, 6 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 15 mg cholesterol, 231 mg sodium, 15 g carbohydrate, 5 g fiber, 4 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 vegetable, 1 fat.