Carrot and Orange Salad
A dramatically bright and zesty salad of carrots, oranges, honey, and cinnamon. Brought to you by dLife®
4 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Cook: 0 min.
- 2-3 carrots, peeled and grated, about 4 cups
- 2 navel oranges, 2 7/8-inch
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 ounces honey,
- 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- In large bowl, place grated carrots and set aside.
- Cut oranges in half. With grapefruit knife, remove pulp from each
- section of orange. Add to carrots.
- Squeeze juice from orange peels into bowl.
- In small bowl, combine lemon juice, honey, and cinnamon. Pour over
- carrots and oranges
- Allow salad to rest at room temperature least 10 minutes. Serve.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving equals 53 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 22 mg sodium, 13 g carbohydrate, 1 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-3/4 fat, 1/2 vegetable, 1/2 fruit.