Carrot Zucchini Saute
My mother and I came up with this sweet dish. It’s one easy way to get everyone to eat their veggies. With only five ingredients, it’s fast and simple to make, too.
5 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 3 medium carrots, sliced
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 small zucchini, thinly sliced
- 1 medium red onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- In a large skillet, saute carrots in butter for 3 minutes. Add the
- zucchini and onion; saute 6-8 minutes longer or until crisp-tender.
- Add brown sugar; cook and stir until dissolved. Yield: 5 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (3/4 cup) equals 115 calories, 7 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 18 mg cholesterol, 87 mg sodium, 13 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 2 g protein.